Friday, December 5, 2008

Time’s Running Out

Today’s been another depressing day. Before I start whining about what happened, I’ll just fill you in on what happened yesterday.

04/12/2008 – Biology Session

Lectures were conducted by Associate Professor Mike Edwards. He talked about the structures & functions of macromolecules. Basically covered carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and enzymes. It was just a 1 hr lecture from 0900 hrs – 1000 hrs. We had a 3 hr lecture immediately after. Today’s lab wasn’t that strenuous. We looked at Spirogyra and Bacillus megaterium. It was quite pretty. We had stain the bacteria with Toludine blue so we get to see it. Had to do alot of crappy drawings with scales after that. What a pain in all the wrong places. On my second sample of Spirogyra cells, I discovered something fascinating.  It looked like a squashed embryo. No one knew what that was. I named itTed-illy. I tried taking a picture of it with my camera phone. It’s not that good but I guess you get to see what I saw looking at.

DSC00263 This picture was centred very nicely! Too bad it turned out blurry =(

DSC00261

The green stuff is Spirogyra. The chloroplast spirals are quite pretty.

This lab too longer than usual, but somewhat happy that I got to go home early. I was pretty tired by the time I got back home. Took a nap and started studying for chemistry test tomorrow. That would be my first test for this session. It is worth 4% of my final mark :(

05/12/2008

Today was not a happy day as I mentioned above. The test began at 0900 hrs. I was desperately short of time. The most miserable thing was that these questions were relatively easy. I know I can do it, in fact, I’ve done them before. It’s just that I didn’t have enough time to get to them. Really, WTF. 25 mins for three 10 mark questions. I only managed to get till part of question 3(b) there was still question 3(c) and 3(d).

Well, there was a lecture after that for 1 hr 30 mins and then tutorial straight after that. Had a short 25 mins break between the tutorial and the next lecture. Made 4 new friends today. One of them had to borrow my tutorial answers. She was nice, well, I guess she’d have to since she was asking for a favour. Oh well, maybe I should collect royalties from my work. That might help me get closer to my $8000 Espresso Lamb Shearling Coat from Bally. You guys should go check it out. www.bally.com

DSC00264 One of the slides from the lecture. I didn’t have the time or mood to copy all the questions and answers.

DSC00270 The staircase leading from the old chemical science building to the new one. Our lecture theatre was in the old one. It looks like crap.

 

Nothing else interesting happened today. No cute guys, no nothing. That might be why I’m so miserable… Bah…

Lurbs yew long time,

Jo(n)

6 comments:

ici said...

always flip through the whole test before doing it. Then you can pick all the easy ones and do them first =]

maybe you should go workout so u can see some hot guys in the gym =P

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

the coats are really nice... no wonder you are desperate to sell your virginity LOL

Armanique said...

hahhaha u shld go propose to a guy in NUM.... ill help u plan :)

Ad Infinitum said...

lol! um, i don't think i could do that!

garçon said...

Jon, its for the sherling coat! you can do this! hahaha

Shiuji said...

I m back from Ipoh... Miss me leh? Got many blog to catch up leh...