Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Perfect Manbag

Hi dearies,

Sorry I haven’t been updating my blog.I shall attempt to bring you up to date on the trivial events which comprise of my life. Right now, I’m typing with one hand while eating gummy bears and smelling like Korean BBQ coz that’s what I had for dinner tonight. Current song playing is Jason Miraz – I’m Yours.  Anyways, with all the minor details aside, let’s jump back to

Tuesday – 09/12/2008

I had a biology test today! Ommmggggg!! I was freaking out, trying to memories the cell cycle stuff, functions of cell parts, cell structures, macromolecules, etc etc etc. We had a lecture first in the morning. It was pretty good because the lecture was a more detailed version of the introductory stuff covered in the first few lectures which happened to be covered in the test. We covered DNA in this lecture. It was really quite interesting. The 3 components of DNA – pentose sugars, phosphate group and nitrogenous base. We got to see how the DNA forms and ends up as a chromosome. It’s really quite fun. After the 1 hr lecture, we had the test before we started the bio lab proper. We had to do some staining first though because that would roughly take an hour to wait for the stain to set in.The bio test wasn’t too bad really. There was the theory of endosymbiosis and scientific evidence to support it as a question. I’m pretty confident about that one. Altogether, this test is worth 5.5% of my course mark. We did some really nice staining today. I managed to get a nice picture of 1. It’s a negative staining of Rhodospirillium with 4% nigrosine.

 DSC00284 Rhodospirillium

I really this that it’ll make an excellent wallpaper for me room. Oh well, I’m not about to coat the walls of my room with bacteria and nigrosine.

After lab, we had an hour break before the final lecture. It was about DNA replication in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells. We also covered the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). It sounds like a really fun procedure. We’ll eventually be doing that in the lab. Yaaaay!

Anyways, I got back home and had to start cracking on my tutorial for Chemistry. But I got distracted by Snowie. He wanted to play. I ended up trying to camwhore with the blur pup.

 

DSC00285Walkie please?DSC002741 Walkie after this picture?DSC002771 Now can we go walkie?

In the end, we didn’t go walkie. I had to start on the crappy chem tutorial. It was  sooooo long. I finally gave up at Question 5 at 0125 hrs. It really didn’t help that I was constantly distracted by looking for bags online. I looked at the wonderful bags at Louis Vuitton and then at a website advertising for replicas and played “spot the difference.” It was really quite fun. I’m way better at this than chemistry sadly. I saw this really nice Hugo Boss Bag on eBay. It was in pretty good condition and selling for $400 opposed to the supposed $600 they said it costs in the store. I think it would costs more. Can’t remember but I’ve seen that bag at the Hugo Boss stores.

boss01  65920-1001

Even though it’s really nice, I still love the bags from Bally. Let me introduce to you Osar. He’s hot as hell. Too bad he’s last last season’s bag and can’t be found here anymore :( I really should have bought him when he was going for $1500 here. He used to cost $2100!

oland-141 img10584535376Calf leather and fabric. Love this to bits!

So that was it for Tuesday. Had to go to sleep because I was starting to look like a crap-panda.

Wednesday – 10/12/2008

I got up slightly later than usual but it wasn’t that bad. I thought class started at 0900 but it started at 1000 hrs so I ended up getting to university earlier than required. I went to the Dalton lab to get my pre-lab stuff done for the entire semester. Yay! That’s a huge burden gone. First chemistry lecture for today was so depressing. I tried my hardest to keep awake but I ended up falling asleep half way. I woke up close to the end and was wide awake for that but my mind had wandered miles away by the time lecture ended. First to bags, then to hot guys. I’m such a slut I think it’s going to cause me to fail. We had a 30 min break before a 2 hr tutorial and lecture. Klement and I went down to the Quad. I had sandwiches. They were yum.

The stuff covered in today’s tutorial was totally unexpected. I thought we’d be rushing as if hell’s hounds were snapping wildly at our ankles. We just went through resonance structures from the previous tutorial and some very minor question from tutorial 5. After tutorial, the lecture pretty much followed suit with the previous lecture except I skipped the falling asleep part and went straight to spacing out. We ended lectures early today but we had a 3 hr chemistry lab at 1400 hrs.

Evelyn forgot to bring closed shoes today but thankfully Klement stays on campus and lent her a pair of his size 8 runners. Haha, she was so relieved. We were all kinda late because of that. My lab demonstrator, Norma, had already marked me absent but she amended it because she was a nice but seriously naggy granny. The cute guy diagonally beside me was pretty fast with his work today. I asked him some work-related questions but he seemed to be quite … distant… Oh well…

I finally finished up the lab work at 1730 hrs. We were supposed to meet for dinner at Tabitha’s place across the university at 1830 so I spent that time doing the lab report in the deserted Dalton computer labs. It started raining and was really windy. I was rather skimpily clad, with respect to such weather conditions of course. My petite Esprit camo-umbrella put up an excellent fight against the raging elements. Go little brolly, fight on!

I got to their place rather damp. We hopped into Derrick’s car and drove to the city for dinner. The 5 of us were in this little car. It was quite exhilarating though, to drive through the city. The traffic was absolutely revolting. I kept egging Derrick to run over the fat old people that attempted to cross the road callously. The obviously had a death wish, might as well grant it since tis the season of giving. I’m rather vicious today. Maybe it’s because I got back my chemistry test marks and it was horrible. Ugh… So disappointing. 15/30. A few careless mistakes here and there but it was the last question which I didn’t have time to complete that really pulled down everything. Gheyness… I want the computer assignments back! Thankfully, only the best 5 out of the 6 tests scores will be used. But heck, this is #1 and it’s already so shitty. This is a rather precarious situation!

So we got to the Korean BBQ place after stumbling onto an empty parking lot. It wasn’t drizzling, but more of misting. It felt kinda nice. We ordered 1  meat platter and 1 meat-seafood combination platter.

DSC00287My cutlery and stuffDSC00288 The food just arrived! Nobody moves until I’ve taken a picture!DSC00289 The meat-seafood combination platterDSC00292Large strip of beef sizzling on the BBQDSC00290  Leather bound menu :)

It was really good dinner. I’m happy with it, but I wasn’t full. It’s Tabitha’s farewell dinner tonight as she’d be leaving for Singapore on Friday. We ended dinner at 2100 hrs. The rest of the group went to KTV but I decided to come home instead as I was really quite pooped out from the day’s disappointments and the hectic work. There were quite a number of hot guys out in the city tonight. There were one or two at the restaurant :D

Well, I can’t think of anything else to write about so that’s all for today.

Lurbs yew long time,

Jo(n)

(PS: Oh, if anyone sees Osar, please let me know A.S.A.P! Thankies muchly!)

12 comments:

Armanique said...

i love korean food and of coz the men there too hahhaha... simply delicious (i mean the food) lolx....

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

i have grabbed your photo again :P i just couldn't control myself when i saw the photo where you hug snowie LOL

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

i just noticed shiuji is pervert LOL i will stay away from him from now on :P

Shiuji said...

welcome to my club... classroom sleeper's club... haha...

Willy kor, are you sure u wanna keep away from me?

garçon said...

your doggy is so cute!!! maltese is it not? me love dogs!!!

ici said...

B
A
L
L
Y
.
.
.

TR said...

i have a cuter dogs .:P . let u c next time .

~eRiC~ said...

jon, nice blog u've got... just tagged ya..
& also, snowie is so cute...

btw, what course are you doin heh?seems like mine...chem, bio, & computer studies(my worst)...

joshua said...

it takes a real man to pull off a manbag!

and woof! all of them look so hot!

Snowie is just adorable beyond words...

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

sweetie, i have decided to kidnap snowie :P

savante said...

Love the bags. They look great.

Joel said...

u hav tag
take it from my home