Thursday, December 4, 2008

15 M Ammonia anyone?

What a shit day today was… It’s a full day of chemistry. 1000 hrs lecture. This went on for 1 hr. As usual, the lecturer was ranting his head off. 60% of the class was asleep when I looked around. It wasn’t long before I joined them. By the time I woke up, it was about time to go for a break.

I had 30 mins to cram down an omelette  and sausage sandwich Mummy made me. By the time we walked to the Quad, there was like 20 mins left. I ate 1 out of my 2 sandwiches. Saved the other one for the next break.

At 1130 hrs, I had Chemistry tutorial. It was pretty alright. I did all the tutorial questions so it wasn’t that much of a problem following Anna. We weren’t on the same frequency today though.

1230 hrs – 2nd lecture for the day. It wasn’t that bad. I managed to stay awake alot longer but I succumbed to the droning of my lecturer. I did, however, wake up just in time to watch him draw a demented flower looking Allene molecule on the board. He was trying to show the orbital hybridization bonding or something like that. I wouldn’t know, I was sleeping.

Thankfully, we had another 30 mins break for lunch. We had to do some pre-lab stuff for the lab session after lunch. I had actually completed it, but I didn’t realise that we’ll be doing 2 normal uni weeks worth of lab in this lab session. It’s horrible but still managed to get it done with some time to spare to get the SI Chemical data book from the book store and finish my other sandwich.

1400 hrs – We made our way up to the lab. There was one of the cute guys that did chemistry as well last semester. I found out later that he was Japanese. We had to wait by the large flat screens on the wall to find out what was our workspace number. It took ages. I ended up with K6. I was K2 last semester. The cute Jap guy’s work bench is diagonally across from me. There were a few other cute guys working around me but I was seriously too busy to perv on them. I got an old hag for my lab demonstrator. She’s a nice old lady but quite picky. Anna Choy was the lab demonstrator for the other side. Damn it! Other than damaging my hands (they felt too manly after lab. I wouldn’t be able to recognise my hands anymore). Lab was supposed to end at 1630 hrs but sadly, I didn’t finish until 1730 hrs. The most horrible thing is that we were dealing with 15 M ammonia today. The moment I removed the glass stopper from the bottle, it hit me like a brick wall. God, I felt like I just got raped by the ammonia. I’ve got the stench of ammonia all over me. In my hair, on my skin, in my nose, even in my mouth. My YSL L’Homme couldn’t save me this time. Usually I have a nice protective scent barrier of perfume. Ammonia neutralised it completely!

Damn, I can still smell the ammonia. I feel sick now :(

Panda was helping me find a hot guy in Australia. Thanks for taking care of me! :D

I hope everyone else that has a blog will not let the flame die out. One by one, all the lights are going out. The darkness is slowly creeping back. All that was once precious now grows dull and fades into the abyss. Will you not stay and drive back the impending shadows with me?

Lurbs yew long time,

Jo(n)

5 comments:

Junior said...

lol...No wonder you said u were full of Ammonia .....now i just realize...Ammonia smell ...yuck !!!

Armanique said...

well lectures are boring... bt i miss my uni days.... though work checks(exams) are a pain in the ass... u'll get wat i mean wen u start working 9 to 5 daily.... hahaha

Shiuji said...

huh... Such a wonderful uni days.. I have never try before. T.T

Ask Panda to find me 1 too... I wan hot guy oso...

garçon said...

don't you just LOVE ammonia? the ultimate bestfriend for those who tend to dose off in class. bring a bottle and everytime you feel like falling asleep, take a whiff and you'll be so awake, you won't be able to sleep for DAYS! hahah

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

haha jon, it was just another hectic day for you... keep it up! remember you are aiming WAM above 75 ^^