Thursday, November 6, 2008

So exams are over, what's next?

This one is specially for Ekkonen because I really wouldn't have remembered to update my blog if it wasn't for him. But who the heck reads it anyways. I guess he does.

Exams haven't officially ended yet. I still have a tiny one on the 11th Nov for Plant chemistry - Plants & People : Murder, Magic, Medicine. It's a pretty interesting course. We did plants and fungi that were used for poisons, and had psychoactive or medicinal purposes. Went to the Royal Botanic Gardens for a field trip. (20% of the course mark just for attendance! I love this course!) Oh and the finals for this is an open book exam so I've gone into the holiday mood straight after Biology on the 4th Nov. Actually, I think I was already holiday-ing before that, hence the denial + bewilderment + flummox. It was awesome, I should have been panicking like a little girl but yea, it was as if I was high on something.

Anywhos, moving on, yesterday (05/11/08), I went to the City to hang with a dear friend, S. Oh, there was this HOOOOOT guy on the bus! Good thing i was wearing my sunnies otherwise it'd be so obvious I was checking him out. But then again, he was sitting diagonally in front of me so he'd have to turn around to notice me. We met at Max Brenner at David Jones and headed for lunch at Din Tai Fung. It's a really good place. I miss the one in Singapore though. I had the braised beef noodles and 9 pieces of the 小笼包. S just ate entrées because she was afraid of getting fat. But she did like it as well though. I swear, she eats like a rabbit. Everything on her plate were just plants.

After lunch we walked around World Square window shopping for jeans. G-Star Raw had some nice ones but i felt they were too high up. Went to Marketcity and found that their G-Star jeans were about $30 - $40 cheaper. Didn't buy it though. Tempting, but this was a reconnaissance mission.

We made our way up to Skygardens, to the Tea Centre. Another one of my favourite places. They have an exquisite range of teas from English to New Guinean, black, white, green, etc, etc. So far, I've tried their Silver Needles and Snow Dragon tea so I tried their Buddha Tears this time. Silver Needles was particularly delightful. The taste was light and delicate and left a sweet aftertaste. It would have cost $100/50g for the Silver needles tea as it is only picked on two days in the entire year. The good thing about the tea centre is that they allow you to try their teas regardless of the price when you buy it as a pot. They were out of the premium silver needles so i tried the second best one which would have cost $35/100g. When you look at the tea in the light, you can really see silver needles dancing in your cup! As for the snow dragon, "Spiral white tips dance around the pot for a beautiful mild tea experience". It was a nice tea but I would have preferred to see the spiralling white tips in a glass pot instead of the enclosed metal one they served the tea in. Buddha tears were also called Jasmine Downy Pearls. I really liked this one as well. They are hand-rolled balls which unfurl to present a full, exquisite flavour. I didn't get to see any unfurling at all since it was again, in the metal pot.

We headed back to David Jones after a good hour of talking and tea indulging. S went to get her standard fruit salad and we walked around more looking at bags. I have a thing for Bally bags. I will buy one someday! We headed home after that. The bus took ages to arrive. When I got home, I went on trevvy and fridae and saw Ekkonen's kiss on trevvy. Very nice of you to return the kisses. I have a tendency of sending those daily to certain people :P Oh, it's nice to see you on fridae as well.

That's all the interesting stuff that happened so far. Hope it has entertained whoever is reading.

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo

3 comments:

z said...

u like botany?? i wanted to do a botany major but family objected >< so instead i studied ecology!! thx for blogging.

z said...

Narnia soundtrack!! this is home is like my favourite!!!!

Ad Infinitum said...

um, not exactly botany but it's a gen ed subject. pretty fun though. Yea, i just watched narnia last night and those songs were pretty good