Monday, November 24, 2008

Summer Cleaning Session

I have feelings too you know! *sob*

Hi dearies,

It has been a tiring day. I tried to revert back to my sleep routine of 6 hours since Uni starts again tomorrow but I ended up waking at 1215 hrs. I wasn't sure what to do today. My friend Elsie was back in Sydney but she wasn't available to go to the city today. I stoned for a bit and decided to go to Uni to pick up my course manual for Chem 1021. I had to rush a bit because Bee Bee was driving Mum's car to work and I could catch a lift from her.

We left home at 1310 hrs and I reached the university bookshop at about 1335 hrs. The queue was pretty long. I met Jeffrey in the queue. He was ahead of me. There was a somewhat hot guy standing a few places behind me but I wasn't in the mood to start fantasizing whilst in the queue. Had to climb up the bastard steps (i think it's actually called Baster steps but everyone calls them bastard steps because it's a serious work out getting up the 100 odd steps! That's like a good workout on the stairmaster in the gym) to get to the other bookshop. Bought a gray file to put in the course manual. Cheapskate chemistry faculty didn't bother putting it in a file for us. At least the Biology people did. Met Jeffrey at the second bookshop. He was supposed to have a tutorial on but it got cancelled. We went to Maccas (McDonalds) for lunch. I had a double quarter pounder meal. Got it upsized for free with my student card. This was my first time using my student card. I never knew it was that useful. The bus took ages to arrive but I got home eventually. I spotted 2 more hot guys on the bus today. 1 of them was Asian. Even though he wore glasses he wasn't geeky or anything. Maybe it was that fitting white G-Star Raw shirt he was wearing. The other was a Caucasian bloke in a suit.

Snowie was waiting for me when I got home. Poor pup was lonely by himself. He was jumping all over me. I went to the kitchen to check on my almond pudding. It was done! Yay~

my not so 1334 cutting skills! Just as white as Snowie.

Finishing touches!

After slicing them into cubes and adding the longans in, I popped it back into the fridge and got ready to clean my babies. I was feeling rather pooped out so I decided to just do the 5 major ones today. Took them out of my room and brought them into the living room since that was larger area. My room is tiny! And yes, I sleep with knives all around me.

The piano really comes in handy

The sword cleaning kit

The tools inside

It took me a long time to work on the katana set today. The condition has deteriorated by quite a bit was I wasn't around to clean them for the past 2 years. My heart bled for them. These are some of my most prized possessions. I don't really know how else to describe emotions I'm feeling besides the disappointment and ignominy. The katana (long one) and wakizashi (medium one) took me about an hour to clean in total but the tanto (small one) took the longest as it had rust spots all over. I felt so distraught over it's condition. It took me 2 hours of non-stop polishing with steel wool and alot of choji. I had gone into a semi-trance like state from the monotonous "wanking" movements and memories of my childhood started flooding back.

I remembered back to when I was in primary school in Singapore and the nanny/house-help that took care of me for 13 years since I was 3 years old. She was a really nice elderly Sri Lankan lady that took great care of my family. I remember this once when I was about 13 years old and I was really sick in the middle of the night. Everyone was still asleep and I woke up to throw up. I threw up in the sink, it didn't occur to me that I should have done it in the toilet bowl instead. I woke up my mum and she was slightly annoyed that I had thrown up in the sink. I don't blame her since it was probably like 4 am in the morning and she had to get up early to go to work the next day. I was feeling feverish so I couldn't sleep in the air-conditioned room with my parents. I went out to the living room and curled into a ball on the sofa. Kusuma, that was her name, woke up and felt my forehead. She made some lemon water and brought a bin just in case I needed to throw up again. She was a Christian lady, along with my family, so she knelt beside me and prayed for me. She kept me company for most of the night. I am truly grateful that I had someone there when I was feeling so sick. But then I remembered the times when I was nasty and rude to her. I felt so guilty. I never got to tell her that I was sorry.

That was about it. I gave up on rust removal. I did however, manage to remove most of it. All that remains was the gray blemishes which were alot more unnoticeable. I finished up cleaning the shirasaya (wooden one) and the Lord of the Rings High Elven Blade. I was really worn out after that. But I still managed to pull off some minor camwhoring.

quite tired, but enough energy to camwhore for you

Epic fail with the "duck" smile. I don't know how some Asian guys can pull it off really good.

Had dinner, and then desert. That cheered me up a bit. I got back to my room with a bowl of Almond pudding with Longan.

home made desert! yay~

I looked through the Chem course manual I had bought today. I almost choked on my pudding. It was horrible! The only word that came to mind was "WTF" and that isn't even a word! Ok, that's it for today. I really don't know what else I can share with you. Sorry for the onslaught of pictures today. I'll leave you guys with some pictures of the minor details with the katana set.

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo(n)

PS: Willy pointed out that Jon sounds more manly so I shall go with that ;p

flower motif

More flowers!

Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto set

twin lions

I've got twin lions everywhere!

3 comments:

Shiuji said...

=.= always see lengcai... same as me...lol... my eye cant leave those handsome guy and cute guy, whenever they are in the same bus or train with me. haha... i wan to eat all of them...

Ad Infinitum said...

hahaha, need sunglasses when perving on hot guys. Otherwise it's too obvious. I wish I had peripheral vision. Would come in handy in such situations ;p

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

jon, i love your snowie... hehehe it's so damn cute ^_^

you cook as well?