Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Misery

Hello possums,

Let me try to recap what excitement have been going on since my last post... There was the trip to the beach with the Singaporean people, well, most of them anyways. Georgina, Tabitha, Clyde, Sean, Derrick, Jeffrey and myself went to Long Bay Beach near my place. It was pretty fun. Starting from Clyde and Sean, one by one they were dragged off into the watery depths of the bay. I was fortunately spared because I was holding the camera. Even though it's widely known that I'm a camwhore, I didn't take "self-portrait" pictures. I was taking alot of pictures of everyone frolicking in the sun. I took caution to remain in the shade most of the time since I'm not particularly interested in developing melanoma. Kudos to the Aussie sun! After a major sun-burning session for the guys frolicking in the water, we adjorned to my place to finish up the food. It was good to have everyone over but they left a bit of a mess. Dear Snowie was over-excited by the sudden onslaught of attention and did not hesitate to wee on Sean. I was pleased that Snowie had developed excellent intuition on which person to wee on. Despite the gratuitous golden shower Sean receive, he was undeterred and continued to exude annoyance to everyone's displeasure. Well, they left before 1700 and I cleaned up after them. That's it for that day.

I had a barbecue at my place the other day, on Saturday I think it was. It was good. Dad invited his ex-students over and I invited my Uni mates which comprised mainly of the Singapore group anyways. Georgina, Angelina, Natalie, Priscilla, Derrick 1, Derrick 2, Jeffrey, Roy, Sean, Syafiq and Wayne came. We had a pretty good time. After dinner, most of them played cards while Georgina was getting abused in Soul Calibur 3 on my PS2. She makes the most hilarious expressions and noises when she plays. Her body bends to the side as she frantically mashes on the buttons, occasionally squealing "you idiot!" and "die die die!". Much to our entertainment, we all took turns wiping the floor with her. The climax of the battle royale was when she used Sopithia against Seung-Mina controlled by Natalie (this was Natalie's first go) and was owned by Natalie. We were all cheering for Natalie to the rhythm of her horizontal attack blitz from which Georgina was disastrously caught in. It was spectacular! They soon left after that eventful battle. If only we had a video of Georgina playing, we could relive the moment in our dullest moments.

On Sunday after church, I went to Kingsford to meet at Sean's place as he was flying off to Singapore for a holiday as well as to celebrate Jeffrey's birthday. Even though I had missed out of the main celebrations which was Georgina's initial brithday prank backfiring on herself, there was video footage kindly provided by Angeline. Georgina had planned to have a pail of water projected from the 3rd floor balcony onto the unsuspecting blindfolded Jeffrey who was waiting below. It was by chance, or divine intervention or retribution if you will, that Georgina was thoroughly soaked whilst Jeffrey, still blindfolded and none the wiser, escaped unscathed. After a few rounds of Soul Calibur 4 on Sean's PS3 and HD wide screen plasma TV, all of us walked down to the main road with his Prada bag almost splitting at the seams due to an overload of Gucci shoes and his ginormous clam shell Samsonite suitcase with contents that costs a king's ransom. We were at the hotel en route to the main road when Sean realised that he had left his iphone at home and rushed back to get it. Meanwhile, his suitcase was about to precariously roll off the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic if not for my slut-trained lightning reflexes. A taxi had pulled into the hotel, dropping off some elderly ladies and we managed to persuade the driver to wait while Sean swaggered down the street. It took 4 strong army-trained guys to load his suitcase into the boot. We all wondered how he'd be able to extricate his coffin of a suitcase from the boot one he reached the airport. Anyways, it was a bitter-sweet farewell since he was my only bitching buddy. We proceeded for Jeffrey's birthday lunch at a pretty good Indonesian restaurant. Despite it's dodgy architecture, it served pretty good food. We were all pretty pooped out after today's escapades and dispersed to return home. That's it for Sunday.

I was stuck at home on Monday. It was rather miserable. The most entertaining event of the day was the emoticon war with Kevin. I don't remember how it started but it just went on and on for quite a while. Couldn't really decide who won since there weren't any rules of engagement established. Ah, dear Kevin, what would I ever do on those boredom ranked days without you.

Before Haircut

After Haircut


After Haircut

With Bee Bee

Snowie wants to join in the fun

I went for a haircut on Tuesday. It's pretty much the same style. I was wearing my green contacts again today. I met up with Gary who was an artographer (freelance photographer) for coffee after my haircut. He's a nice guy, showed me around his studio and his cats. He has taken some really nice pictures of Sydney and stuff. He taught me a bit about photography as well. We walked by the Greater Union movie theatres on the way to his studio. The streets were prepared to be cordoned off and the workers were busy setting up tents and planning to unroll the prestigious red carpets for tonight's opening of "Australia" starring the ever beautiful Nicole Kidman and the beef cake Hugh Jackman and directed by Baz Luhrmann. It looks spectacular and fully embodies the Australian spirit. I left for home at around 1430 hrs. The bus ride home was tiring and stuffy. I think the air-conditioning wasn't working at the back end of the bus. There was a particularly hunky guy on the bus that was sitting behind me. I managed to take a peek at him when I abruptly awoke from my nap when I had unglamourously rammed my head into the window when the bus jerked. I hoped I didn't snore because that would have been appalling. When I got back home, Bee Bee was all dressed up for her formal tonight. She had caked on the eyeshadow till she looked like a panda that got punched in the eyes. I helped her remove some of it till it was a proper pair of "smokey eyes". We ended up camwhoring for a bit. Snowie came in to join the fun. That's basically all the interesting bits that have happened so far.

That's all for now. Toodles!

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo

2 comments:

z said...

U slut! I won the emoticon war!!!

back in the days i thought the same way. stay out of sun and not want skin cancer...

now i dont care, I just want the sun!! i want to be tanned ><

Ad Infinitum said...

like hell you did!! u started talking first, some might consider that a lose! Australian sun causes really bad skin cancer. Hole in the Ozone layer is just above me! And even after 2 years of national service, I'm still not tanned. i think it just made me more yellow...