Thursday, November 27, 2008

Time for results!?!? Oh no... =(

How-dilly-do-dally!

Today wasn't as cold as yesterday. It was about 27 degrees Celsius. It's was a biology session today. According to the timetable, I had lectures from 0900 hrs - 1000 hrs and 1400 hrs - 1500 hrs. Thankfully, the later lecture was rescheduled to 1100 hrs - 1200 hrs. That was quite a relief. On a more miserable note, I had realised that I had forgotten to bring my wallet with me. It was quite a disaster. Good thing one of my mates had a spare travel pass. I'd have to walk home otherwise. Today's lecture covered cell structures. We mostly did bacteria and archaea cell structures and a bit about viruses. The first lecture was slightly dry but it got pretty exciting for the second one. (And I mean it in all honesty.) We had a small debate/discussion whether or not viruses were considered to be alive. It didn't exactly come under the scientific definition of "life" but when a virion enters a host cell and uses it to replicate, does it not show how very much "alive" it is? We also discussed about the endo-symbiosis of chloroplast by plant cells as it "consumes" cyanobacteria. Fascinating stuff.

Well, I got home at 1330 hrs and had lunch. Mummy packed lunch for me again :D But I didn't have the chance to eat it at Uni since I spent the break doing chemistry tutorial questions for tomorrow. After lunch, I left to go to the city for a short break to meet Derrick. He works at Qantas (such a crappy airlines) and is leaving for Frankfurt tomorrow so we went to the tea centre since he's quite a tea enthusiast as well. He tried the Buddha Tears and I had the Gunpowder Temple of Heaven. This one had a much harsher taste than the rest that I've tried. It's a green tea with an "explosive" taste. It had a dry-slightly bitter aftertaste. A rather strong brew compared to the other teas. I enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

Susan came to join us and I introduced her to Derrick. Susan being a very direct self just went on about getting everything waxed on Monday (I'm going with her to get some parts done as well ;p) and about some other not so appropriate dinning conversation topics. She was hilarious. Derrick was shocked! He commented that he has never met anyone like her before. Oh and Derrick bats for the same team as well. He's attached already though but I don't have any feelings for him so it's all good anyways. He's cute and all but we're too much of friends for me to be turned on by him. We met at 1500 hrs and stayed around the city until 1730 hrs. He went for a haircut after that and I went home for dinner.

Dinner was quiet as usual. Was watching the current affairs program about the insurgency strike in India. Derrick mentioned about it earlier on. Qantas had pulled out MOST of their staff from India. Some poor buggers were stranded there. Currently, no flights to and from India are permissible in Austrlia. After dinner I continued to work on my chemistry tutorial which is due tomorrow. I feel bad if I ditched Dr Kakali's class though since no one else probably does any work there. Oh well, will see how things go tomorrow.

In the evening, I received my total marks for the previous semester via e-mail. It isn't anything too fantastic. I was slightly disappointed with my marks but I guess I got what I deserved. I had switched to holiday mode even before the biology paper. Meh...

UNSW Assessment Results for Semester 2 2008
Issued at Thu Nov 27 16:50:02 2008
========================================================
Session Course Title Result
========================================================
T2 BIOS1101 Evolutionary & Functional Biol...69 CR
T2 CHEM1011 Fundamentals of Chem 1A..........75 DN
T2 GENC6002 Marketing and the Consumer.......69 CR
T2 GENS6013 Plants&People:Murder Magic Med...82 DN
T2 MATH1041 Stats for Life & Soc Sciences....78 DN
========================================================

Term WAM: 74.375 Overall WAM: 74.375 Undergraduate
Provisional Academic Standing : Good Standing

I'm 0.625 marks away from a WAM distinction... Gheyness....

Oh well, will try harder next time. I don't think I will even be able to do as well this summer term. I hope I will be able to remain focused on my studies.

That's all for the updates for today. This is Jo(n) reporting from Sydney. Thanks for reading.

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo(n)

5 comments:

Shiuji said...

gambaro na... the result quite nice... But my exam coming next week... T.T

garçon said...

oh my god! i wish i could say the same thing bout exams. i'm taking my literature paper in a few hours and i doubt i can do well in need. i had a panic attack last night and i couldn't finish my novels! i'm so screwed! but on a lighter note, i wonder how it feels to have an aj friend other than those i have in cyberspace, i don't have gay friends. those i know, are either looking for relationships or just wanting sex. which is not what i want. for now at least. i just need a bitch buddy man! someone to accompany me shopping and check out hot guys(there are very few by the way) and things like that...geee...

z said...

oh so close to a distinction!! work harder!! what is cr and dn?

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

Sweetie, i wonder whether you travel with MAS (Malaysia Airlines) and their funny slogan is "Malaysia Hospitality"

Those who travel with MAS and QANTAS will know which airlines is really crappy LOL

You yourself to be blame for the 74.375 WAM sweetie... you should concentrate on your study first b4 swifting yourself to holiday mood...

Try your best in this semester... muaks ^^

ici said...

yes! someone agrees with me on milk! =D

*high 5*

heh~ to me, that mark is just fine. i myself just got a 79 overall gpa, but then again, I'm in an very non-competitive field... =X

work harder lah! you can do it!