Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Melancholy of Jo

Today has been pretty miserable. No job, no boyfriend, no money. All my job applications have been unsuccessful. For every single one of them, I have had to call them up personally to find out that I've been rejected. So much for their customer service. To recap where I've applied for... Bally, Body Shop, Guess, Perfume Connection, Myers, David Jones and Molton Brown. It's going to be a sad Christmas...

I had about 6 hours of sleep, which is pretty good considering I had more than 10 hours the previous day. I felt ugly today. Everyone was busy with their own little thing and I felt bad about going out since I just got back home from a two day trip and that going out equates to more expenditure. When I got up, the house was deserted, save for Snowie who just sat the front door, wagging his tail and looking at me with his big almond-shaped eyes.

On a more positive note, I managed to check my provisional marks for my Statistics finals. I got a distinction. I was a few marks shy of a high distinction though. My elation dwindled into despondence pretty fast as I returned to reality - no job, no boyfriend, no money. Bah, humbug! It's not like I'm desperate for a boyfriend or anything, I'm contented with being single but there will always be this void that can only be filled by that special someone.

To take my mind off things, I escaped into the magical world of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. Yes, I know it's an old game but I haven't had the chance to complete it. I'm at Chapter 2, monotonously attempting to level up Leona and Arrgngrim (I'm pretty sure I spelt his name wrong) to level 40 as they will leave my party at the end of Chapter 3 and if I manage to get them to that level, I'll be awarded with uber h4x0rz weapons! Yaaaaay! It's like an investment for an easier future. I know I'm a nerd, don't have to rub it in... yes, that means you Kevin! :P

Everyone on my MSN list seems busy so I didn't have anyone to chat to the whole day. It wasn't till the evening that one of my girlfriends from Singapore needed help with putting together a snazzy ensemble for a "glitz and glamour" event. I spent the next hour or so helping her work through hair style, dress and accessories through a crappy webcam while watching Gladiator on TV. Go Maximus! RAWR! It was pretty late by the time I was satisfied with her outfit and the movie had ended.

I was blog hopping and reading comments (thank you lovely people for leaving comments. I'm somewhat happy and horrified that there are people actually reading my blog!) All the hot guys out there seem to have found someone they can snuggle up to when it's raining and cold outside. I felt depressed that I've been single since... forever... Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly in any hurry to get a boyfriend. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm just craving the novelty of a relationship? Whatever it is, I don't want to make any hurried decisions and end up regretting in the future. I'm happy for those who have found a partner and I sincerely do wish them all the best.

As for me, no job, no boyfriend, no money. Oh and university is starting again next week... Sad Christmas in chemistry and bio lab...

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo

4 comments:

ici said...

awww~ feel more jolly lah~
keep applying for them jobs, one is bound to open up.

and no! the whip is mine for YOUR liking. muhahaha~ <(o,,o)>

Shiuji said...

Why you miss Suntec? Are you Singaporean? Seen u request I will do it for you.

And not all the people here have partner, I don't have... T.T

When you are boring, can msn me,
roy_ckwai88@msn.com
add me ya...

garçon said...

its ok... i don't anyone to snuggle up with too... just hang on yar? one will come...it'll all be better in time... meanwhile, keep applying for jobs! contrary to popular belief, i think money makes the whole world go round and it certainly will cure any pain. so, to perk yourself up, get a job, earn big bucks and shop till your heart's content! retail therapy is the best solution for lonely heart syndrome! =P

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! You are nerd??? stop kidding me plz...

i didn;t know it's hard to find jobs in canada... i thought asean market slows down only... anyway, good luck dude... take care...