Saturday, January 24, 2009

How did it get to this...


Today has been absolutely devastating... It feels as if the fires of hell itself erupted from a scorching cravace and engulfed us all in what seemed to be an eternal conflagration. I managed to seek refuge from this blazing inferno in the wonderfully sanctuary of the law library with it's central air conditioning! It was absolute bliss! While it was a searing 41 degrees outside, I was nice and cosy in the meticulously regulated 24 degrees study area. I was working on the past paper from 2005. It was meant to be 3 hrs long but I took a long time to actually get it done. I worked till Question 6 and went for lunch with Klement who came to study with me. He lived on campus anyways, so it was pretty convenient for him.

We left for lunch at about 12 30 hrs. It was so freaking hot. We dropped off our stuff at his dorm and walked down Kingsford in the blistering heat, deliberating on what to eat. We ended up having Vietnamese for lunch. Both of us ordered the Pho Tai Nam (I think that's what it's called. The raw beef rice noodle soup). The proprietor was kind enough to explain how to "eat" the noodles, at least, she would be kind if she didn't appear so patronizing... Well, she had a problem with the air conditioner because it wasn't cold at all. We finally figured out that she had the silly thing on "heater" mode. We rectified it for her and got on with lunch. We made a quick stop to get bubble tea from Easy Way and made our way back to Uni.

We stopped by his dorm to pick up our stuff before heading back to the library. As I was coming back, I thought I saw someone familiar. I wasn't sure if I knew him or not but I checked my phone to see if he had tried calling me but I didn't receive any calls or texts so I just continued walking up the stairs to the library. I tried to study but I had quite a number of toilet breaks. I felt like I was pregnant, having to shuttle to and fro. I kept working on the paper till about 1650 when the library was closing. I was so depressed from the crap-shack of an attempt at the chemistry paper and I dreaded having to leave the comfort of the air condioner. They wouldn't be open till Tuesday. Sigh... My bag was really heavy with my laptop and chemistry folder. I had to wait for about 40 minutes in the heat wave till the bus came. By the time I had alighted near my house, the sweltering heat had started to dissipate. I was starting to feel a bit better but still depressed from the past paper... I don't know if I'll be prepared by Thursday for both Biology and Chemistry... Sigh... I'm so screwed... Oh and Happy Chinese New Year to everyone in advance!


Lurbs yew long time,
Jo(n)

6 comments:

Armanique said...

Dont fret, im sure u do pretty ok. Best of luck for ur papers and happy cny!!! :)

m a r v z said...

toughen up easty boy - i wonder who this familiar face would be ?

SilverAngel said...

All the best and good luck to your coming papars dude..gambatte =)

DavidCheng said...

HAPPYYY CNYYY~!!!!!

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

happy lunar new year sweetie ^^

~eRiC~ said...

Happy NIU year Jonny!!