Friday, May 8, 2009

Moonlight

I really would have taken a picture but my wonderful camera phone has been locked...

At the bus stop outside my house, on the top of the hill, the night sky brought about an unusual feeling of serenity. Iridescent diamonds speckled the velvet expanse while a continual contest of light and shadow was played out on the clouds. I was embraced by the warm illumination from the full moon as the cool sea breeze caressed the contours of my body. The smell of the sea, under the moonlight made me feel... different.

Today has been quite good for me. Despite the serious sleep deficiency from cramming for the Biochemistry exam today, I managed to get up and prepare for Uni without too much difficulty. My motor skills were slightly... delayed at the start but it resumed functioning normally after a while. First lesson for the day was a maths lecture for 2 hours. It ended 10 minutes early so I seized the opportunity to go to the library to study. The 3rd floor of the library had just been renovated. It looks really good now. I would have camwhored a bit but I didn't have the time or the equipment. I studied for the next 2 hours, doing last minute cramming before heading for the exam venue at the Biomedical theatres. The exam went pretty well. I completed the exam within 20 minutes. There were a lot of details in the lecture notes but the exam questions were really easy. There were 12 MCQs, 6 short answers and 1 essay. The essay asked for a discussion of chemiosmosis theory and how it relates to the coupling of ATP synthesis and oxidative phosphorylation. After the exam, I had a physiology tutorial. Some of us decided to ditch our designated tutorial group and join our other friend's. When we got there, I saw this pretty hot guy. (He's a student, does physiology and biochemistry with me. Very good looking but rumoured to be as obtuse as he is good looking. Caucasian, tall, good body, good facial features.) Anyways, the tutor for this tutorial was this daggy old lady. 2 minutes into the lecture, my friend and I decided to leave and go to our old tutorial group. We made it back in time. We had a new tutor as well. She was a doctor that assisted us in some of our physio labs. Quite young, pretty, slim, with skin as clear as Miranda Otto. Today's tutorial was on the cardiovascular system. I didn't revise any of the lectures before the tutorial but I did manage to get some of the questions correct.

I popped off to the city after tutorial to meet up with my sister. She had gone to get her nails done and when I got there, we just walked around for a bit. We went to Myers to test out their perfume. I like the new Guerlain Homme but I decided not to buy it yet as it would have been on impulse if I did anyways. The top note was a gentle fusion of lime and mint, creating a slightly herbaceous opening. After a few moments, the middle notes surfaced, revealing bergamot, green tea & pelargonium. The middle notes were really refreshing and not stinging. The scent progressed to mellow down with cedar and vetiver while retaining the cool mint through the entire duration which blended well to create a soft, sweet, cool note. Guerlain Homme is a clean fragrance, well balanced and sophisticated. It's classy and modern. The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to get it.
On the note of perfumes, I was complimented on my signature scent, YSL L'Homme today. It's neither overpoweringly musky nor sickeningly cloying but a perfect balance, like yin and yang (possibly androgynous?).

It has been a pretty good day overall but I will endeavour to get some work done this weekend!

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo(n)
(Apologies for the weird paragraph up the top, I was inspired momentarily and started churning out literary nonsense. If my high school english teacher read that, she would probably be spewing blood from the overused clichés.)

8 comments:

Cedric Ang said...

I love the moon light lately. Seriously.

Lemme smell you, maybe I would fall in love with your scent too.

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

At the bus stop outside my house, on the top of the hill, the night sky brought about an unusual feeling of serenity. Iridescent diamonds speckled the velvet expanse while a continual contest of light and shadow was played out on the clouds. I was embraced by the warm illumination from the full moon as the cool sea breeze caressed the contours of my body. The smell of the sea, under the moonlight made me feel... different..

sweetie, i didn't know you can write beautiful language... i love the sentence ^_^ your high school teacher won't spew blood, don't worry ^_^

Cedric Ang said...

Actually ...

Your house is beside a bus stop, on top of the hill.

how come, got sea one ?

teo said...

Awesome picture of the moon. Preeetyy!

Ad Infinitum said...

Thanks mummy willy!

Yes Cedric, I live right next to the coast. I'm on a hill by the sea :)

Cedric Ang said...

Can I come live with you?

AliVe said...

i like tat pic
nice~

~eRiC~ said...

So cool jon, i sahll drop by one day at ur place.. hehe