Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tipsy

Hiiiiiiiiii,

I just got home from going out to Westfield Bondi Junction. Was out for some retail therapy but I behaved and didn't buy anything... much... Had some champagne, but it wasn't really champagne, more like sparkling white wine. I think it was Sauvignon Blanc... Overall quite light to the palate, slightly sour, overall verdict, glorified soda water with table wine.

Today's biochemistry lab invovled diluting urine samples and checking the levels of Urea, Creatinine and Uric Acid and hence determining the possible diets and problems the patient might have. I was quite content with my results as it was very close to the actual results. We got to use cyanide today. After that lab I had a slight headache from the hydrogen cyanide fumes even though it was done in the fumehoods. Smelled like bitter almonds.

Ugh, I have to start studying for my biochemistry exam on friday and get that blasted Maple program online test crap done... What a shitty week... Luckily I have a small vial of cyanide to bail me out if the need arises! (Bet some of you would want me to drink it wouldn't you, evil bastards! Too bad, I didn't get to take any. It would probably be too diluted to do any major damage anyways. Although, the LDLo for humans is only 2.847mg/kg... Mmmmm...)

Lurbs yew long time,
Jo(n)

5 comments:

V said...

all the best for ur coming xm! :)

Armanique said...

its been ages i visit ur blog... wish u the best too for ur exams :)

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

eh... your exam later right? good luck sweetie ^_^

m a r v z said...

Jon,

... Typical asian!
exams are coming up - good luck with that :)

You shall see my name on the list of high distinctions of UNSW ~

meet up soon.

Obaka Gorilla,
- M

Ad Infinitum said...

Thank you all for your well wishes! The exam went well!